Search This Blog

Monday 22 February 2021

Post 361 A lot of food, Exhibition entries go and Aesop starts.

 After breakfast this morning I prepared the meal for tonight.  This is based on the recipe for Tray baked pork sausages and roasted vegetables that I had at my friends' place last week. I had, I admit, added quite a few more vegetables  and used five times the number of sausages recommended in the recipe. I also doubled the cooking time because of the volume.

The recipe served three of us last week and I was cooking for 7. Clearly I had over-estimated. These are large dishes. The vegetables were fennel, carrots, parsnips, capsicum, shallots, baby beetroot, brussel sprouts and, of course, potatoes. I added broccoli about 15 minutes before the end.

In the event, Anthony and Fionn were not well today, stayed home and may or may not have been up to eating tonight. I estimate that the top tray - which just fits in my oven, would have fed the 7 of us. As it was, 5 of us demolished the contents of the oval dish and made some inroads into the other. Generous serves went home for the invalids and I have a meal for tomorrow.

Regretfully, I forgot again to photograph the cooked versions! We are agreed, however, that this can be added to the Monday repertoire.
                                                                                                                                                                                      I  then ironed my bags for the Guild Exhibition. There are four of them (one bag is embroidered both sides). With the Owl Service hanging, that makes 5 entries. I found tags and filled out five forms I  printed yesterday and placed them in the padded bags I made for an exhibition a couple of years ago. This is a prerequisite of entries. I had planned to take these to the Guild tomorrow, but figured since I had ironed them it would be better not to try to store them here any longer,
so I took them out to the Guild. Basics2Beyond was in full swing. I put in my apologies. The registration process swung into action, numbering, tagging, photographing and entering into a database. My entries are numbers 77-81.
Back at home the building was continuing nest door with the crane working. I didn't try to find out what it was doing, but from the hook attached I suspect it is lifting panels into place. There is no sign of walls rising further yet at the back.




It didn't deter my dove friends who visited several times and seem to be in fine feather.
I have put the first stitches in the Aesop Frame. I want to finish the top leaves and the squirrel before I add any highlights to the tree - and I'm going to be light-handed when I do.

It's good to have started. 

There are only two more daily posts. I will, however, keep daily photos and note events, so that the weekly posts can continue some of the narratives and progress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment