Search This Blog

Tuesday, 1 September 2026

Post 653 Books, birds, bags and a bcc.

This morning I set off with plenty of time to find parking for the 10 am BCC excision. The plastic surgeon’s rooms are on a major city road with no off-street parking. I tried unsuccessfully to park around the corner before discovering I could park easily right outside!  Luck continued with me. After some very thorough preparation by nurses, the surgeon found the BCC had receded somewhat, but another had appeared above it. As they are on my cheek, and scaring can’t be avoided, 

He opted to do biopsies rather than excision. As a result, I now have only two stitches and two small plasters, I can get them wet tomorrow, go to Pilates on Thursday, but not swim. The stitches come out next week, by which time the pathology results might be back. I may or may not need to proceed to excision. I’m delighted with this result. I don’t mind scars, but I much prefer only necessary surgery. I’ve rescheduled my 11th Covid vaccine to accommodate the removal of stitches. And, again, no swimming🤷

As you can tell, birds have featured strongly this week. It is that time of year, before the human eye can see them, buds must be beginning to swell and the lorikeets arrive to take advantage. I snapped some 20 photos.



I also spent most of Wednesday working on the Kingfisher Embroidery. Today I added the final touches, and the story is in my embroidery blog. I'm very happy with it.

After Pilates on Thursday I dropped into the Guild and got a report on how the Needlework Tour Group Guild visit had gone. It had been financially successful for the Guild, and participants had gone away happy. Also, one of the regular Guild visiting tutors had, apparently, been at my lecture and reported that it had gone down well.  

On Friday morning the Balvraid Hap reached it's owner who sent me photos (thank you!). I don't think she will mind my using part of one of them while protecting her privacy. I'm delighted - it so becomes her. 

From Friday to Sunday the Adelaide Anglican Diocese hosted Blessed in She,  a conference attended by 100 Anglican women from around the country. At the dinner on Friday the Bishop Bags were given to the  attending Bishops and the attendees toasted my efforts before the toast to St Dolly! It's awesome to be mentioned in the same breath as Dolly Parton, and I'm pleased the Bishop Bags have been welcomed as a useful tribute. 
On Saturday I finished the next Quaker kit and called at St Margaret's Market, picking up some plants, but missing out on the cake and biscuits I had hoped to buy for the Book Club meeting at my place on Sunday. The baked products had sold out, so I visited the Hutt St IGA and stocked up. The chocolate bar cake was the runaway favourite, but the biscuits also had a good run. It was a good discussion once again and we have the books for the next two meetings.

I will write more about the finish of the More Freedom kit next time. In the meantime I have begun the third, and last, of the Quaker kits I have, The Gardener.

The doves have also  been back most days, talking away to each other in cadences I'm tempted to interpret and try to join.
It's been an eventful week in a quiet kind of way. I'm still treating my eye with drops and hot packs and tonight is the first of my new ear spray. 

Because the excision was averted today I was able to call at Art Images Gallery on the way home today. They are in the middle of hanging a new exhibition - some very interesting paintings and some fabulous glassware.  
Deo Gratias.

No comments:

Post a Comment