Search This Blog

Tuesday 25 February 2020

Day 1:On my Way


The day has dawned- a lovely dawn followed by an overcast Adelaide morning. 

No need to bore anyone with the details of my final packing, cleaning out fridge, watering and feeding plants, tidying up,putting out rubbish of varying kinds, turning off water, hoping the taxi will turn up.

It did. 

Adelaide Airport security has improved since I was last here - no need to take electronic devices out of bag, no need to take off shoes (I could have worn my boots instead of packing them!).  So here I am in the Qantas Club, relaxed and beginning to feel a frisson of anticipation. My 3hr 30 min flight to Perth goes in two hours - then the 17hr 40 min flight to Heathrow. Sleep, reading, stitching.

This is by way of a test run.  I intend to enrol those who've requested email alerts for blog posts in a minute, then I'll post this.  The real thing will begin in about 36 hours or so from Stratford-on-Avon.



1 comment:

  1. See if I can get in to your blog via gmail. I never quite understand it..... Travel well, Deirdre xx

    ReplyDelete