Search This Blog

Saturday 28 March 2020

Self-isolation Day 9: easy does it

Today I took it very easy and focused on the Muncaster Oranges. I also had a lovely long Facetime discussion with a good Guild friend - so much to catch up on. I registered for online Pilates classes and discovered that another supermarket I use has a home delivery service for self-isolaters. Might use that next week, so I can get my regular meusli.




The oranges were dry and beautifully flat. I took the plunge and cut them out quite close in order to applique them to my chair cover.





It's a tricky procedure. Just getting the cover off the chair is a bit of an effort. It fits very snugly, so has to be eased off. I wanted the oranges to cover the seam joining two of embroideries already attached.












I am pinning through two quite heavy layers of large and awkward fabric

and it is very easy to find pleats on the underside, which will result in puckers when the cover is on the chair.














The larger panels I have machine stitched to the cover, but this one needed to be hand-stitched. My machine skills are no good with curves on bulky fabric!



Then came the job of putting the cover back on. It takes quite a while to manipulate it. There is no zip, and it fits quite tightly.


I'm pleased with the effect, but it does draw my attention to the need for pieces to fill other gaps. I dug out the redwork rabbit - another job for my isolation! What I need is a mirror image of the Muncaster Oranges!




It is good to see people using the square to exercise well away from others. One of my neighbours was also knitting in the park this afternoon.










I covered a few more hexies, but am now working on the Marie Wallin scarf. It's taken a bit of concentration to get back into the rhythm, but I'm just about there.

I'm thinking I might work on the scarf for a bit and then add in the Mellerstain Parrots.

From my grocery largess I had a couple of Jamie Oliver lemon pepper chicken fillets with salad tonight. After watching the last of the current ABC Agatha Raisin series, I discovered Series 1 of the Repair Shop on iView - one of my very favourite shows. I can just manage to knit the scarf and watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment