Search This Blog

Monday 30 March 2020

Self-isolation Day11

I followed up this morning with Romeo's North Adelaide Foodland about home delivery. They have suspended all home delivery because they were overwhelmed. They hope to get up and running and will notify customers, including me, when it happens.  I hope they manage to re-establish their system. Hopefully I am now a regular Woolworth's customer.



I had a slice of Susan's orange cake and coffee to celebrate, once again, my registration with Woolworths.


I have been receiving daily emails from a widowed uncle in Canada. He sends amusing bits he's found. I don't usually repeat them, but did think others might like smile, as I did, at this one this morning.
My focus for much of the day was to progress the Fair Isle scarf. It needs my full attention. The full pattern is 47 rows. Within the 47 there are three backgrounds, or stripes. I am on the first pattern repeat. Last night I made a few mistakes dipping in and out of it, so today I avoided all distractions to get the first (beige background) stripe finished.

I am now on the green repeat.

Because I need a break from such undivided attention, I am starting on the Mellerstain parrots embroidery at the same time.

In between knitting bursts I kept up with emails, online chats and watched the PM's afternoon Press Conference on the latest support package for workers. These Press Conferences are improving daily in terms of clarity of communication as well in support. I'm pleased to see the ideology receding and the evidence of listening to expert advice and collaboration increasing. The games seem to be in abeyance. It is hard and risky work balancing need and consequences at micro and macro levels. I have the utmost respect and sympathy for those being forced to make daily decisions that impact other people's lives.  My extraordinary daughters are doing it, wrestling with the ethical as well as practical issues. Hat's off. And my heart goes out.


My lunch was some of the blue cheese, fig paste and biscuits left yesterday by Susan. Really delicious.

On Saturday, after talking to a friend, I had planned to ring my doctor today to see if I could have a test for Covid19. I have no symptoms and feel absolutely fine, but I am aware that you can have the virus and no symptoms. As I had no tests at all on my re-entry into the country, I thought I'd like to be sure when my self-isolation ends. However, having registered on the new government Coronavirus App, I note that the criteria for testing are quite explicit, and, without symptoms,  I do not qualify. Tests are scarce, so I won't pursue it. New requirements for over 70s mean I won't be in a position to contaminate anyone anyway. The government has also usefully provided a list of flights into Australia on which there has been any identified cases. So far, there are no identified cases at all through Perth airport. It seems we are likely to have home testing kits available next month, so I’ll wait for those.

Qatar Airlines had two flight arriving in Perth from Rome in the last 4 hours. I'm hoping my friends were on one of them.

I've progressed the scarf a few rows into the green band.









I'm working the parrots in my Lowery stand because of the panel size. I can set it right at eye level and still see the TV screen over the top!
It's a very small start - but a start nevertheless!





I'm not sure if my random ramblings are of interest to anyone. I try to include bits that are of interest to specific people that I know are following. Inevitably it means some bits will be dead boring to others.

Please feel free to unsubscribe if daily posts are not of interest. There is an 'unsubscribe' link at the end of each email post. I won't be offended if you use it.


It has morphed quite a way from England2020!









2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your daily post.
    I’m Ann, the person that takes care of Melody's cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you Ann. That’s so encouraging!

      Delete