Search This Blog

Monday 22 June 2020

Post 117: Light and Dark

It was a grey dawn.

I awoke to a couple of emails from friends in England. Sandra is pleased that their lockdown now allows visits to grandchildren.






Christine is taking daily walks around the neighbourhood, admiring gardens. She collected this sprig of jasmine yesterday which she is drawing, with a view to embroidering as a sample for a book she made at her embroidery branch in a summer school two years ago. The class taught the book construction and some samples of embroidery to include in the pages.

It's a nice idea, and I look forward to seeing what she comes up with. It will be good to have something other than Covid stories to show for the 2020 British Summer Solstice.

There were a few moments of sunshine during the morning and the doves chose these to make their appearance. With the light on the residual rainwater, it made for interesting photographs.




















I spent a bit of time reading one of the books for next month's crime book club, Rules for Perfect Murders, by Peter Swanston. It is built around an interesting concept, one which will send me off to read or reread some classic crime stories - someone imitating eight 'perfect' fictional crime murders.


I have also been playing with colours and threads for the border of the owl.










I began with green, but have ended up a very long way from there. I'm not quite sure about the gold but I think it might work. I'll know when I finish the first quarter.


















There was a little more light at the end of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment