Search This Blog

Tuesday 23 June 2020

Post 118 Getting Organised



I had given a lot of thought over the last couple of days to buying a box of face masks. It has not been recommended that we wear them in Australia unless we work in Health, or are attending a large gathering. South Australia has had 440 cases of Covid19  diagnosed since the pandemic began. 4 of those have died. We have had no known cases in the State for 28 days. We still have a 4 square metre rule for all spaces, particularly restaurants, pubs and events. From next Monday this will be reduced to 2 square metres. Victoria has had a number of clusters developing, particularly around families who have held large gatherings in their homes.

Should something similar develop here in SA we could see a requirement that we wear masks in crowded situations. I wanted to be prepared, so this morning I made a trip to OfficeWorks, which now has a supply of St John's disposable masks. I also took about a ream and a half of paper to be shredded.




I was also looking for a document holder for my metallic threads.I have one for my perle 8 and 12 cottons. One advantage is how easily they are seen.






I have a number of document holders with stationery in them, but all occupied.








At OfficeWorks I bought my box of masks, deposited my shredding, and looked at document boxes. The best I could do was a coloured on, about half the thickness of those I already have.

I went on to Frewville to get some supplies for the girls coming this afternoon for a couple of hours before Netball practice.

At home again, most of my metallics fitted in the new box, but at least one was too fat, so I did some reorganising, moving pencils from an existing document holder to the thin one, moving the perle cottons to the larger stationery one, and the metallics into the one that held the perle.



This occupied a bit of my time. It's a good outcome - and I probably should do another big clear-out of the stationery cupboard. I have tried many thread storage solutions, but transparent boxes have proved very useful.

I have been working on another embroidery project that can't be shared at the moment, but also made time for the owl.

I almost finished one quadrant of the outer surround of the owl in those strange colours. I think it will be OK.

I got the girls to netball on time again. I don't envy them playing  - it was dark and another grey, cold, drizzly evening in Adelaide.  They, however, being, unlike me, sports women, are enthusiastic and undeterred.  Good for them. It will serve them well.






No comments:

Post a Comment