Search This Blog

Friday 26 June 2020

Post 121: Pilates and Sit'nStitch.

I was able to predict that the Noisy Miner was around this morning by the stance of the doves. I was watching them both eating seeds on the balcony this morning when they both paused and played statues. They kept the position long enough for me to take a photo. About a minute after, the Miner swooped towards the balcony rail and the doves took off, underneath the Miner and away.












They were back in about 20 minutes to finish the food, but most of the time one of them was keeping watch across the trees.

I couldn't watch forever, so left for Pilates.

My Pilates Studio has done everything possible to manage Corona Virus well. There is less equipment on the floor and it is well-spaced. It is also frequently disinfected. Equipment classes have only 3 -4 students and only one class is there at a time.

I am slowly regaining ground lost by my three month absence. There are three in my class and Martine is a really good instructor. She is very specific about the point of each exercise for each individual.






The Studio also has a very lovely and productive garden. It's looking great at the moment - but then, it usually does.


















From Pilates I went on to a friend's place to resume out Sit'n Stitch sessions. It is just Jennifer, Susan (whose place it is) and I. This time we had a lot to catch up on, and to celebrate Jennifer's return to Sit'n Stitch, Susan prepared a delicious minestrone-type soup, bread, cheeses and baked a fruit cake which she iced. We didn't get a huge amount of stitching done - there was too much to talk about.

I did take a photo of Jennifer and Susan examining the amazing and huge blanket that Susan had knitted. but it was vetoed by the two stars, who didn't like the way they looked.

Jennifer is doing well - still gets very tired and has lost much of the muscle gain she made after her two knee operations last year. She has a physio program which she's sticking to. There is much of her time in ICU which she can't remember




I got home not long before sunset. It was pretty grey but got interesting just as the sun went down.














I love the way the clouds seem to open up a little at sunset.











Tonight I started the reverse Muncaster Orange. This is going to be a great joy to stitch- and a lot of fun.

It has been quite a busy week, with something on every day - all within my little bubble. It will be good to maintain this for several months. I think it is now 30 days that South Australia has been Covid-free, but tomorrow there are two planes arriving with locals returning from other countries. They will go into 14 day quarantine but it is expected that a number will test positive for Covid19.

The current word from a couple of the responsible Ministers is that we will not resume overseas travel until there is vaccine for Covid 19. If pushed for a timeline, the officials indicate overseas travel is at least 12 months away for us. At the moment that's fine by me - but it isn't for the 6000 employees that Qantas is about to make redundant. That's in addition to those who are stood down, with no idea when they will resume work.

As a country we are weathering this quite well - but the cost to many, many individuals is enormous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment