Search This Blog

Thursday 23 July 2020

Post 148 : Mostly masks on my mind

Before having breakfast this morning I constructed two more masks and threaded one with a cord discarded from a trouser waist, and an elastic loop designed to go around a head. I packaged these up with those finished yesterday and mailed them to Canberra later in the day on my way to Pilates. .

I have changed my Pilates class from Friday to Thursday, because on Thursday there are only 4 students using the equipment, whereas there are 7-8 on Friday. While the studio practices strict hygiene, I feel more relaxed with fewer people.



From Pilates I went to Spotlight to buy more elastic. I had a good supply and have not yet used all of it, but since mask-making and adjusting is likely to continue for a bit, I thought I needed a supply. I met two other women buying elastic for their daughters - both buying it to send to a daughter in Melbourne, where shops have run out of elastic. While we had a discussion about which elastic would be better, we all agreed we will only know by testing by the user.

It seems that elastic might be the new toilet paper. At least elastic buyers have specific projects in mind!


Since I was more than half way to the beach and it was lunch time, I phoned Grange Jetty Cafe to see if they had a table for one and took myself there when the answer was positive.












It was a lovely winter day. There were plenty of people there, but appropriately distanced. It was warm enough to be outside and enjoy some seafood.


Although the photos don't show it, there is a canvas canopy over this outside section on which I was fascinated  to watch the the silhouette of a seagull.



More embroidery ideas.



























I was very glad I had taken the time out.










Back at home I made four more masks, but without adding elastic. I think I need  to test out the elastic in the existing ones before adding more - even though I now have a good supply.

This morning I also contacted the Guild about a class I thought I had booked into this weekend. There was no record of my enrolment. We are not sure what went wrong - it could well be my mistake. The good news is that there is room for me and I can attend while we sort out what happened! I'm really looking forward to it.







I have just, with great difficulty, blocked the shawl on the floor - the best I could do. It is huge - and ungainly.I don't have an open space to fit it - and I can't get down on my knees to crawl along and pin it properly.

In the meantime I'm relaxing with the owl.





No comments:

Post a Comment