Search This Blog

Saturday 25 July 2020

Post 150 Back at the Guild

After a couple of days absent, Turtle came looking for food this morning, waiting for me to scatter it and staying while I did so.


















I finished off the partially completed demonstration face masks from yesterday before heading off to the Guild for Christine Bishop's class  - Cube Pincushion, Needlecase, Fob and Bag Counted Set.

There were about 17 students, plus Christine and Melissa - on cleaning duty.

The Gallery is set up on the 4 square metre per person principle - tables well apart and only 2 students per table. Entry is through only one door - the main one - and exit likewise- through the shop door. There is a sign-in sheet requiring phone number.





The cleaning every 2 hour rule has been relaxed. Once seated, students don't leave their seat. Anyone using the bathroom must clean all touched surfaces, then exit, cleaning door handle and light switch as they go. In the break, Melissa boiled the kettle and poured hot water into the cups students had brought with them. I brought a thermos. At the end of the day Melissa cleaned the tables and all from 1.5 metres touchable surfaces.  Christine walked around the room observing student work and offering assistance. As always Christine had tacked the outlines on to the lines marked - a substantial amount of work.

The kit contained everything we need - including Liberty print lining (or dupion silk if you ordered the green or red kits).

Christine even prepared a stitch sample for each individual student!

It was a fun day, listening to people talk and laugh and catching up with a couple of old friends.

I had a request for another set of face masks, including a child's one. I managed to source more Tshirt fabric for this when I got home and cut out pieces. At Katherine's tonight I got them to try the fit of the masks with ear loops. The younger kids need shorter loops. Ear loops seem to be winning. I think I need to make another half a dozen to meet the current need - plus a couple I have promised my brother.

We worked on the scissor fob today - the smallest piece. I didn't get a lot of time to work on this tonight but this is where I have just reached.

I can see this will not be a quick finish project, but it is pleasing to work on and breaks down into manageable chunks.














I did make a little progress on the Owl while at Katherine's tonight.

It's late and I'm falling asleep.  It was a productive day - and more tomorrow.
e




No comments:

Post a Comment