Search This Blog

Monday 23 November 2020

Post 269 Dinner


Pasta bake was the best option tonight. With Year 12 exams over, study day for  Year 10 and working from home rosters still in effect there was some uncertainty as to how many there would be here for dinner. As it happened it was a full quota and there were no left-overs tonight.

I usually make the ragu for this dish a day in advance. Today, however, I did it all in one go after going to Frewville Foodland for some bread and other bakery.

It was only forecast to be 24C today, and only got to 23C but Niamh and Veronica agreed with me that it seemed much hotter.  I got a good breeze through the apartment late in the afternoon. The  plants were in need of water. They respond quite quickly once they have it.

I love the reds of these begonia (left) and also the variation in the poinsettia leaves (right). This one is the one I bought for the Christmas before last. Last year's one is also still going.  It's a reminder that I need to visit Barrow and Bench and get one for this year.
The Crown of Thorns centre (right) is growing nicely. It looks like leaves developing, not flowers. It may not be mature enough yet for flowers, but there's a lot of growth there.
Both Frangipani have their first leaves. I enjoy the patterns in the leaves when the sun shines through them late in the afternoon on the front balcony. 

The sunset was not as spectacular tonight, but still interesting silhouettes and colours.

Tomorrow morning I'm going to spend a couple of hours with Jennifer, talking, in particular, about a wake for Susan. Nothing can be firmed up until the Coroner has finished. There may be delays following our lockdown.

I made progress on the Oak Apple Tree. Tomorrow I shall work on the branch to the left, then the hillock, leaving the apples till last. 

I'm still really enjoying this.


Tomorrow is also Alison's birthday. I hope she has a really happy one

No comments:

Post a Comment