Search This Blog

Friday 27 November 2020

Post 273 just stitching


It was hot from the beginning of the day. I had a phone call from my friend Lorraine, who I visited in August and wrote about in Post 170. She is much better, although not fully recovered. She is driving and doing her own shopping. She has been suffering for months from dramatic drops in blood pressure that lead to her briefly losing consciousness and falling down. She can now water the garden without that happening. She was bright and cheerful. Quite strong.

I managed to complete the star flower before I left to pick up Jennifer for our Sit'n Stitch. The paler pink flower and leaves was worked at our Sit'n Stitch.


I think I need to make explicit, that it is Jennifer's  partner, Susan Monks, who died last week. Jennifer and I stitch most Friday's at the home of another friend, also called Susan. I have tried to differentiate as I write, but have been reluctant to use full names for privacy reasons. This blog is, after all, in the public domain. While I write about my own life, I have no right to identify friends nor to share details of their lives. 

Today Jennifer's dog came with us in the car. She was very relaxed in her harness on her bed. I didn't think to take a photo. In fact, I didn't much think of photos all day.  Our stitching host also has a dog. The two spent a bit of time checking each other out and exploring territory, but settled down to co-exist. 

An announcement of Susan Monk's death will be in Saturday's Advertiser. There will be a private informal farewell next Tuesday and a wake at a later time.

Following Lori's magnificent Shashiko bag, I worked out what I wanted to do with the panels I dug out yesterday. I've been experimenting with colours. I just wanted some idea of what my options looked like. I like both colours on the fabric. I think, however, I need to line the fabric to get the best effect and quilted look.  A job for tomorrow



I did manage to work two of five Oak Apples after assembling the Aida and threads for tomorrow's Certificate Workshop. There won't be much time given the cleaner will be here at 8.30 am.
I'd better get organised

No comments:

Post a Comment