Search This Blog

Sunday 5 April 2020

Post 39: Quiet Day

A showery, overcast morning. No news from Coles about my registration for COPS (Coles Online Priority Service). I read for a bit, put the towels on to wash, and caught up with online news. I found an interesting article on the work the Australian Government has been doing behind the scenes to enable stranded Australians to return home. It's easy to underestimate work behind the scenes.

Late in the morning,  I drove to Centennial Park Cemetery to
visit Jim's grave and to go for a walk.

The succulents are mostly doing well but I need to do some replanting on the right side.


The tree is laden with gumnuts.

Had he lived Jim would have been back on dialysis by now and Renal Units are very concerned about dialysis at the moment.  He'd have been very involved in finding solutions.

I like walking around this part of the cemetery. It is full of bird sound. The birds are out of sight, but very lovely to listen to.

Most of the vegetation here is native to Australia.











There are brilliant grevillea, both red


and yellow. I love the way the tips of the leaves look like water or frost on the tips.















There's beauty at all levels,

In the canopy











the landscape, the texture of the trunks








































and the detail of the blooms before they have opened

and after.


Even the greys can be eye-catching.



















The tree-fern survived the hot dry summer intact, and with new growth.





There were a few people around but we did not meet on the paths. I clocked up a couple of kilometres walking around. Not bad for me. I am walking much better than I have been for quite a while.


Back home I hung out the washing and had some lunch. There had been a break in the showers while I was at the cemetery but the rain soon resumed. The towels are not dry - but that's OK. I closed the Vergola roof and they can take their time.

I checked up on a couple of friends and decided to give up on Coles and transfer the order I'd begun on their website to Woolworths. When I got to the Coles site to do this, there were delivery slots open to me - obviously I had been approved, but not notified. My Coles order is now scheduled for Tuesday between 12 and 6 pm!


Lori sent me the presentation for our cancelled World Embroidery Study Group this Wednesday. It's terrific. I shall send it out tomorrow. I think members will really like it.

The rain held off for sunset this evening and the birds made the most of it.




The bent Norfolk Pine gave the appearance of emitting fiery smoke!












I worked steadily on the Mellerstain screen. I got into the rhythm of it. It has begun to take on that textured, dimensional look.



By the time I stopped tonight I had a good section done.



I'm very pleased. I might, I think keep working down the left side.

I worked out how to use 9Now on my TV (why have I taken so long to do this? Beats me!) and watched two episodes of Poirot before they expire in 3 days time. Of course, I had seen them, but not recently.

It  has been a very peaceful, relaxing day. I enjoyed my walk, and Jim would have wanted to be part of this continuing story . 

No comments:

Post a Comment