Search This Blog

Saturday 11 April 2020

Post 45


Several good things happened this morning. My son-in-law sent me a text message to say the hot cross buns were outside my door. In addition to the hot cross buns there were two bunches of stock. Such fabulous colours and such a lovely perfume.


The buns were really delicious, moist and full of fruit.




I had them with coffee after a phone call from my friend Lorraine. We had a bit to catch up on.


The succulents I checked on the other day have progressed further. The new plants seem to be well established. Even though Easter is in Autumn in our part of the world, there is still new growth.






The zygote has still more flowers and is looking splendid.


Today I planned to go for a walk in the Hameji Gardens, in the parklands a couple of blocks away. Even though it is close by, I originally planned to drive there and only walk in the gardens themselves. At the last minute I changed my mind and walked, not along the main road, but through back streets. Just before I reached the gardens, I tripped on an uneven footpath and fell hard, blocking my fall with my knees and hand.

A young man came along and, from a distance, asked if I was OK. He said "I just want to come over and help you". I said "Please don't!".  He asked questions from a distance and I showed him that I could stand and put weight on my knee, which is where it hurt. I promised him I would go straight home and put an icepack on my knee.  Which I did.

It was a remarkable encounter.  Two strangers, decades apart in age, adjusting to connection and kindness in this world of infection. I was very touched.

I am OK. I have a bruised knee, and it will be sore for a day or two. I will, for the foreseeable future, stick to main roads and parkland pathways. And my knitting.



My Woolworths delivery arrived just after 4.15pm - efficiently narrowed in time by a text message to let me know it was the next delivery.

With fresh bread, I had egg sandwiches for dinner - nothing like it.


Because this is my Easter delivery, I did include some chocolate. On reflection, I think it will get me through until next Easter!

With the delivery put away, I was in time to watch the Australian Brandenburg Orchestra broadcast of the Messiah on YouTube, with my score in hand to join in every now and then. Thank you Deirdre for the information and Katherine for the score. 




On the Western balcony, in the sun, I knit, rather than embroidery, because it is easier than moving my Lowery frame. For the most part, however, I worked inside on the firescreen.


I finished the leaves to the right of the parrots and above the branch on which they sit.




So it looks as if I will be able to start on the parrots tomorrow.

It will be an appropriate treat to be adding colour!



No comments:

Post a Comment