Search This Blog

Saturday 18 April 2020

Post 52


Aside from playing around with dove photos, today I made a concerted effort on the Mellerstain Firescreen.




The dove is a bit of a distraction. It rained on and
off this morning, but that did not deter the dove from returning several times to  drink from the waterbowl and clear up every last piece of grain .






I created the fantasy photo by accident - but rather liked the result. I might even redo the heading photo for this blog. It seems more appropriate to where we have ended up than the current view of the Thames and the Mitre.
I rang a couple of friends to check they were OK.  Late this afternoon, after watching the Western Australian Premier's news conference, I managed to speak to my friend Susan in hotel isolation in Perth. Jennifer is still seriously ill in ICU in Perth, neither, it seems, better nor worse. From the Premier's press conference. there are still 33 Covid patients in hospital in Western Australia, 5 of whom are in ICUs.

Susan is largely recovered from Covid19 but is very worried about Jennifer.

By early evening I had finished as much of the parrots as I could without scrolling the frame.
I'd have liked to have finished a few more acorns but was too close to the roller.
















 
 I have just spent half an hour or so unlashing the frame, rolling it on to the second half of the piece and re-lashing. Those lovely parrots are now out of sight. The centre of the next section is a squirrel.  I am hoping that members of the squirrel family do not start visiting on my balcony!

Unfortunately I will need to scroll the frame once more before I finish. I was a bit tempted to put it into a sitting frame, but have stuck with the roller. for the moment.

I also got out the linen and threads I gathered in early February to work a piece on the bushfires. The fabric and the threads are all Australian. I have sketched a design but need to revisit it and have a good think. A job for another day. 

I did manage another 6 rows of the Fair Isle scarf. Progress is not sufficient to justify another photograph.

Take care to stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment