Search This Blog

Saturday 1 August 2020

Post 157




After Myrtle and Turtle had eaten some seed, I hung out some washing and examined some of the flowers in my wall garden. The building work is mercifully silent on the weekend.

The Aeonium is well past its flowering peak but remains attractive as it goes into a kind of skeleton with the stamen loaded with pollen.




The yellow flowered sedum is flush with flowers


and the kalanchoe has grown a stem with bell-like flowers, not yet open.


















I managed to cut out a few more masks for my brother and sister-in-law and began stitching them


I picked Naimh up from Junior Embroiderers which resumed meeting today. Niamh had a good time once the group got the hang of talking across tables in the new distanced setup. We had a milkshake on the way home at the Queen St Cafe since La Lorientaise Creperie had closed the kitchen.

At her place I got Niamh to help me wind some wool a friend bought me in New Zealand. We took a couple of breaks in the process, although Niamh says it helps build her muscles for Taiko Drumming!






The ball does not look as interesting as the skein, but I'm hoping it will show off the colour when finished.. I found a pattern for a shawl which has a very simple, repeated lace -pattern ( just two rows of eyelets, followed by 6 rows of  garter stitch). I'm hoping it will suit the wool.


I haven't done a lot, but I'm thinking it will work.

I've done a little more on the counted thread bag, but not enough to justify another photo.

We had another great meal of barbecued meat, roast vegetables and broccolini at Katherine and Anthony's place.  The girls had enjoyed their netball umpiring and games. Fionn has clear concussion from his football match which  the clinic says will prevent him playing for a week but is not serious.



No comments:

Post a Comment