Search This Blog

Sunday 2 August 2020

Post 158 Sit’nStitch

A nice quiet beginning to the day. I was due to pick Jennifer up at 12.30 to go to a friend’s place to Sit’n Stitch.
Before I left I managed to finish stitching the face masks to send to my brother in Sydney tomorrow. I also cut and threaded the elastics so I could stitch the ends together in the afternoon. This was while watching (well, more listening to) the Covid news bulletins from Victoria, NSW and Queensland. Melbourne is going into Stage 4 lockdown tonight, with a curfew.  NSW is tightening restrictions, including recommending masks be worn while shopping. Good thing I can mail the masks to Sydney tomorrow.  South Australia currently has 6 cases, all from returning residents or travellers. That’s expected to rise with passengers from a flight from India now in isolation in hotels.
We had another really pleasant afternoon - Sue made a tuna moray and bought a fresh pizza. Jennifer is stitching one of the panels she took on her ill-fated cruise,  Sue is knitting a shawl and I worked on the counted bag after I stitched the elastics.  Jennifer’s panel has progressed somewhat.  This photo is the one I used in Post 40, while Jennifer was in a Perth hotel waiting for her first Covid test results! The main bowl section is now finished and we discussed how to stitch the top rim and base to get a rounded effect. I will try to show the progress over the next couple of weeks.





Jennifer is happy with her owl bag. I have a similar bag with an elephant motif, which I offered to work for Jennifer’s partner. She has accepted my offer, so I’m trying to decide whether it would be better to do the colouring-in side first this time, then embroider the other side.












This is my progress on the counted bag. It’s slow but satisfying. 

There  is no progress on the knitting which I put aside in favour of the linen.

Tomorrow will be mostly cooking and shopping for family dinner so there may not be much stitching.




No comments:

Post a Comment