Search This Blog

Monday 17 August 2020

Post 173 : Deliveries and delivering

Today turned out to be delivery day.  A number of things I had ordered over the last few weeks turned up in my letterbox. I really appreciate companies that pack in a way that ensures the parcel will go in a letterbox. When you live in a apartment with a secure entrance it makes a big difference to know an item can be delivered even if you are not home, especially in times like now when notification of pending delivery is often not happening because of distancing efforts in transit facilities.




My Ink and Spindle Corea linen arrived. I bought this to make more carry bags. The linen is a lovely weight and weave and I thought I might embroider directly on to it. Probably birds.

I had almost forgotten that I succumbed to a remnant sale from KimoYES.


These are mostly vintage hand-dyed cottons, but I was also seduced by a very shiny piece of synthetic, which, if all else fails, will make a bag for gifts.

The added incentive was, with every order, a free pack of fabric and elastics to make two face masks!

Unimaginable prior to 2010.



I was also pleased to receive the scarf pins I ordered from Beechworth. My daughters scored one too.









My final treasures for the day were two masks from Bundarra, including one with flannel flowers (still in its packaging). I now have a good supply just in case.

Since I had shopped yesterday for today's dinner ingredients I got going early to make my pastitsio with feta in filo pastry. I cooked rather too much pasta so made a small one as well as the family one.

I had two long and enjoyable phone calls from a neighbour and a Guild friend. The former call sorted out our response to a council consultation about a parking variation and the latter clarified some of my dilemmas about the counted bag and accessories. It's just good to be in touch and talk.

 Today Fionn has footy training after school and the younger girls had a pupil-free day, unfortunately finishing in a 4pm orthodontist appointment in the city, so it was just be Brigid and I until after 5 when the others dribbled in. So I could relax and stitch knowing the pie was ready to cook.

I had intended to take a photo as it came out of the oven, all golden. but by then I was focused on getting the food on the table. It's a shame - it did look good.









I remembered the beads and managed the four-sided stitch edge before going on to stitch in the lining, doctor's flannel and the closure.

















I'm very pleased with the result. It's a really neat little needle case.



No comments:

Post a Comment