Search This Blog

Tuesday 18 August 2020

Post 174 Hair, rain and pincushion



This morning I had a hairdressing appointment - the first haircut since I had a perm six weeks ago. The perm did not work well - for the first time in years. My hairdresser agrees and next week she is going to redo it in part.

Today's cut was excellent.

Before I left for the appointment I managed to finish my response to a council canvass of resident views about a requested parking change in our street. My neighbour and I discussed it yesterday and she offered to take our responses to the Town Hall, which she did today.It's great to have a  collaborator!





I was meant to meet Panayoula for coffee at 2.30pm but her appointments changed at the last minute so we postponed. A pity, but it gave me a chance to advance the cube pincushion for the counted bag project. I managed to get the four-sided stitch outline done for the whole piece before dinner.







Around 5pm the promised rain arrived.


It had been gloomy all day, without any rain falling, but it has now arrived and set in - if the forecasts are right, for the rest of the week..









The city was dark and misty.









The pub on the corner looked cosy. I hope that Lorraine is warm and comfortable in her room in the hospital behind it.

The building work had been relatively quiet today and was silent by the time the rain came.


I got two of the cube sides embroidered this evening.

Three sides to go, then construction.





 Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment