Search This Blog

Wednesday 14 October 2020

Post 231 World Embroidery


     
The weather has warmed up here. 31C today and 20C overnight. Time to change over to my Summer quilt.

The weather has warmed up here. 31C today and 20C overnight.  I woke up this morning and decided it was time to change over to my Summer quilt. I stripped the bed, replaced the underlay, the pillow under-cases, the sheets and pillow cases.










Before I left home around 10.50 am to go to the Guild for World Embroidery Study Group I had washed the quilt and hung it on the line.  It was dry when I returned home at 1pm. Now is the time for me to add the 75 hexies I made earlier this year around the edges.

I washed and dried the sheets and pillowcases this afternoon. The underlays can be done tomorrow.

We had a great meeting of the World Embroidery Study Group. There were nine members there - back to pre-Covid attendance. This is especially good in view of two regular members being absent because they have broken or dislocated arms! 

It was a terrific team effort. We had a PowerPoint by one member outlining Inuit history and traditions and a workshop on Inuit applique by another member. The computer was set up by someone else, another was Covid Marshall. Everyone joined in as it suited them and helped to sanitise at the end. It is a great group and every single person expressed their pleasure at meeting, learning and engaging.



This is my effort, obviously unfinished, but on the way. I didn't, unfortunately, take photos of what others were working on, but there was a variety - birds, abstract forms and sea creatures. 

The plan is to put them together to display something of what our group does for the Guild Exhibition next year.



I did a bit of work to finish my bear this evening. I didn't get the jaw right. He doesn't look fierce enough. I don't think I can alter that so will have to live with it. I'll try to add the hunter i
in the next few days.














I was anxious to try out my Adelaide Rosella colour scheme on a feather so worked a little to try it out. I think it's going to work.



Tomorrow is service of my reverse cycle air con and Pilates.




























No comments:

Post a Comment