Search This Blog

Saturday 17 October 2020

Post 234 In and out




This morning I made another book of my blog posts. This time Posts 51 to 114. Blog2Print offers the option of keeping the original blog layout or compacting it. The latter obviously reduces the number of pages. Both text and photographs are retained but the text may not align with a particular photo. Yesterday I used the compact option. Today I tried the keep original layout option. It took a while to load, but I faster, I think, than yesterday. I have a pdf file of it but the print copies will take several weeks to come fromNew York.
I'm not sure that the original layout makes a better book than the compacted. The ideal would be to manually manipulate it on screen to get an appropriate print layout but I understand the economy of software that doesn't allow that.

It was a JEMS day today and I took Niamh and picked her up. There were six girls there today so numbers are gradually picking up. 

During the intervening two hours I watched a little boy in the Square  with a plastic projectile launcher. Jim and I had one of these we used to take to the park with Brigid and Fionn. 

Their wonder was much like this little boy's.

Niamh and I had milkshakes at Queen St on the way home and I caught up on all the netball and JEMS news. Anthony, Brigid and Fionn were on duty at the Surf Club this afternoon and Fionn had seven mates over for dinner. They entertained themselves with the home gym and a long visit to the park. A couple of them were sleeping over.                                                                                                                            There were hamburger patties, sausages and ribs in abundance, roast potatoes and a couple of really delicious salads. The boys ate together outside and the rest of us ate inside with some very stimulating and thought-provoking conversation.
I managed to finish the lorikeet feather. In the end I have five different greens in this as well as blue. I was planning on green and blue only, but decided it needed a tiny flash of red. I'm pretty pleased with it. 


The design for these feathers was based on the Arts and Crafts penchant for ostrich feathers. I've taken quite a few liberties.

The next one is the dove.

I've struggled a bit with the layout of this post. I hope it posts neatly.









No comments:

Post a Comment