Search This Blog

Tuesday 10 November 2020

Post 257 Hair Day

 

I took my car to the Central Market this morning for my hairdressing appointment. I could have caught the city loop bus but I'm still avoiding public transport. The Market carpark was quite full. It seems many other people are also avoiding public transport. A year ago there would have been plenty of spaces on a Tuesday morning. While there were customers in the Market itself, the numbers weren't sufficient to fill up the carpark.
I had put my haircut off for two weeks, but remembering all my UK friends who have had to go without haircuts, I didn't put it off any longer, even though it didn't seem very long. My hairdressing Salon has one entry into the Central Market and another into the Adelaide Hilton Hotel. It's a pleasant salon overlooking Victoria Square. The salon also boasts a 'hidden barber' - a barber who operates from a room at the back of the salon that you would not know was there unless told.

Talia, my hairdresser did a good job of shaping the back and bringing up the curl.

After my haircut I bought coffee beans from my usual suppliers. There were shoppers around but no crowds. The Central Markets are a bit of an Adelaide tradition. There are a plans for a very major upgrade with a multilayer building over the top, and some fears for the disruption and change. 



It has been 36C here today and back at home this afternoon I watered the plants on the Eastern balcony. To my surprise, Myrtle arrived and sat on the balcony about a metre away from me. I stood still for the duration in case sudden movement scared her away. I wondered, had I had seed in my hand, would she have taken it out of my hand? I took these photos when back inside. 
Maybe one day I'll get to take a selfie with her, but not yet!

I finished reading Jane Harper's The Survivors which I thought was really good. I also prepared some suggestions for the 2021 World Embroidery Study program for the group to begin thinking about tomorrow. 
Yesterday the Frewville Foodland had Tommy Ruff fillets so I bought some for my dinner tonight. Just pan fried and mixed with salad of avocado, cucumber, tomato and sugar snap peas.


The promised storm came around 8pm. A lot of thunder and lightning and some rain squalls. I managed to photograph a couple of lightning bursts in between progressing the shawl and watching Pie in the Sky and Morse.





No comments:

Post a Comment