Search This Blog

Saturday 14 November 2020

Post 260 Counting stitches and figures


I began relatively early this morning because the cleaner was coming. While he did all the work I sat down to try to to finish the Counted Sashiko. It is a really interesting process. It reminds me of Sudoko.
You lay a geometric foundation and the pattern emerges as you add the stitches in various directions.  It's very mathematical, very beautiful and very satisfying.

It also requires great accuracy. I didn't get by without unpicking.
It was a lovely Adelaide morning, bright and warm with a little breeze. I took my stitching and lunch out on the Eastern balcony. 







Before long I had company.

Blush made herself comfortable on the balcony rail. She stayed quite a while.

I spent a bit of time photographing some of the succulents. Yesterday at our Sit'n Stitch we discussed embroideries of succulents. This is certainly a harmonious colour palette.

When I finished lunch round 3 pm I decided it was time to focus on gathering my tax information together. It took me nearly six hours - adding up small amounts, trawling through emails for receipts. I think I finally have it together, except for my private health cover summary, which is usually mailed to me, but hasn't arrived in print or electronically this year. I will have to log on to their website - a tedious job for tomorrow or Monday.
I recovered from the six tax hours by finishing the Counted Sashiko bands. It is straight - I can't do better with the camera angle.

I would like to have finished the border too, but I am not sure about the instructions, So I'll wait to sort this tomorrow. 

I need to cut a couple of fabric and 4 cardboard circles - but I think I'll do that tomorrow morning before I go. Tomorrow is forecast to be 37C and windy. Good day to be stitching in the Guild's air-conditioned Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment