Search This Blog

Thursday 12 November 2020

Post 258 Shades of purple


Before I left for Pilates, Turtle arrived and scoured the wet balcony for seed. He stayed a while on the rail, puffed up and looking like an old bird.

The third volume of the printed version of this blog arrived this morning. I was fortunately in, heard the courier buzz (just!) and retrieved the package. This takes the printed copies to Post 217. I plan two more, one at the end of December and the final at the end of February.


I managed a couple of rows of knitting before it was time to go to Pilates. I got to do some balancing on the vibrating circulation pad - very scary.
This is today's photo of the Jacarandas on Carrington Street taken on the way home. They make quite a good colourway with the grey sky.

The one below was taken later this evening on my way to friends' place for dinner. It's the Jacaranda at Adelaide High School.

I had another visit from Turtle late this afternoon. He watched for a while from the roof, ate a little seed (wet from rain) then took up a position on the rail for quite a long time. He's puffed up in the rain and relative cold. Just waiting. Or resting.





It took 39 minutes to drive to my friends' place just before 5.30, and 18 minutes to drive home at 10pm.  I guess I should expect that and leave home earlier, instead of photographing birds!

They have a lovely pot of pansies outside their front door.


I took my knitting with me and finished a couple more rows. I still have probably close to half a skein of wool left, but think I have done enough to make a reasonable size shawl.
At home I knitted one more row, then finished using an elastic cast-off. 

I then blocked it to about twice the size. I chose not to use the blocking rods. I think it will look better with scalloped edges. The trunk behind the shawl is about 90cm long.

We'll see what it looks like in the morning. 

I really need to go to bed - shouldn't have had coffee after dinner tonight! I'm hoping when I wake in the morning the Crewel Work Company's Aesop Fable kit will be available for me to order!

No comments:

Post a Comment