Search This Blog

Friday 13 November 2020

Post 259 Sitting, Stitching, and a bit of flying.


First job this morning was to check the blocked shawl. Yes, it was dry! Pins removed, it came up well. I wove in the two threads at the beginning and the end and there were two places where I made a minor adjustment to the tension using a thread of the wool.


I'm very happy with the result. It would definitely pass through a wedding ring. That isn't likely to be an issue if Katherine wears it to a wedding tomorrow!



Myrtle seems to have found a new way to indicate she would like some fresh seed. This morning she took up a position beside the seed container, right outside the door. And waited. There were still a few grains of yesterday's seed on the ground, so I resisted. 
I gave in when she brought reinforcements.
Seemingly contented, she settled in for a long rest.
Sit'nStitch again today. Jennifer has finished the needleroll we cut out last week. It is really good. We've suggested she add a little pocket on the outside for the gauge.

She already has demand from the craft group at her apartment complex for a workshop to make them.

Today Susan made an Armenian nutmeg cake for our afternoon tea. Delicious. These are the pieces I brought home!
I watered the plants on my balcony when I got home this evening. The trees and plants looked so lovely I tried to photograph them. As I pressed the button on the photo, Turtle flew into view and landed on the roof above. I had actually captured part of the flight.                                             I am mightily pleased with this photo.

This afternoon, and again this evening, I worked on the counted Sashiko piece for the second workshop this coming Sunday.  It isn't fast work but I managed to work two more bands. There is now a chance I can get another two bands worked tomorrow, so I have the embroidery finished by Sunday, when I can concentrate on construction at the workshop.

We'll see.

Oh, and the Aesop Frame was available this morning. I had a few issues with money transfer but eventually got it ordered using a funds transfer after trying unsuccessfully to use a debit card. The bank sent me an email to say they were concerned about transactions on my account, which they had frozen, and asking me to ring them, which I did immediately (11.45pm here!). The transactions, as I suspected, were my attempts to pay using a card. They have now unfrozen my card.  Good service though.

I was able to use my Lucky Draw Prize from the Retreat to off-set the cost of the Aesop Frame. It isn't quite as large as I had allowed for, so I think I might need even one more piece to finish the chair!

I'm in no hurry I still have two pieces to complete (well, actually to start) for the front skirt and the feathers to attach. I won't be running out of crewel work any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment