Search This Blog

Friday 14 August 2020

Post 170 Deliveries, Visiting and Construction




I promised to visit my friend Lorraine in Calvary today but I had notice that the slippers I ordered from New Zealand were to be delivered, so needed to wait until they came, since they would not fit in the letterbox and can't be left outside the apartments.







They arrived around 1pm,  neatly stored in a calico bag.

These are replacements for the pair I have had for at least ten years, and which I mended last year. The last split across the back was the damage that decided me it was time for replacement. It's not that I mind spending the money. I have a resistance to throwing away what can be repaired or recycled.   I may yet wash and reuse some of the wool from the old slippers

The old slippers were once the same colour as the new. They have been washed several times, but look a lot more like an old sheep than the pristine new ones!

The package also contained the two new pair of possum wool socks I ordered. These are the warmest socks ever, and my old ones have worn almost transparent.


As I set out to visit Lorraine I had a peek at the building next door. The pile driver had moved away from our building, but there are reinforced, cement-filled holes close to our building.











As I crossed the square the ground was littered with seed pods from what I think is a cassia tree - sometimes called Golden Shower.  it's a long time since I've seen so many pods.

The view from Lorraine's room is every bit as good as Jennifer's was - and my balcony just as clear. This time I knew the routine, registered my contact details and had my temperature taken in the entrance foyer.












I arrived home to find a DHS delivery note in my letterbox, to say they had missed me and I could pick up my parcel from Pack 'n Send down the road. I went straight there to find this large, flat parcel. I very much prefer Australia Post, who would have fitted this in my letterbox. Inside the 40cm, floppy envelope was the small bundle of 100 aluminium nose guards for face masks. They have adhesive on one side and can be attached to the outside of a face mask across the nose and bent to shape. Or they can be inserted inside the mask. I'm happy to add them to any of the masks I've made.



The rest of the day was spent on my counted thread bag. I outlined the base in four-sided stitch
Then attached the two side pieces.





By the end of the night I had it together, with the base piece inside.


I now need to make the cords and tassels. I think I shall leave those for tomorrow.





It was another splendid sunset tonight. I hope Lorraine was able to enjoy it from her hospital room.











No comments:

Post a Comment