Search This Blog

Tuesday 22 December 2020

Post 298 Aesop arrived!


Last Friday I had notification that DHL had my Aesop Frame Kit and the estimated delivery date was 30 December.      No worries.

This morning I had a message to say it was to be delivered today! Fortunately, I had nothing I absolutely had go out for today, so could make sure I was here to receive it. There is nowhere to leave a parcel outside the apartments so it is a great nuisance to miss a delivery.

It arrived about midday. A substantial box, which, when opened, contained another box, wrapped in deep blue tissue and packed around with paper and tissue. Inside that was a beautifully packed set of boxes, a book and a roll - along with a wonderfully clear list of contents of each package.

I unpacked ever thing except the linens. Inside the blue tissue they are rolled in acid-free tissue. I'm not ready to start this yet, so they are better left like this. Underneath are the colour diagrams - printed on large sheets, so easy to read. On the right is the full kit. 

So beautifully prepared and explained. 

Phillipa, you've outdone yourself!

Such a fabulous thing to arrive before Christmas.
The midday arrival meant I could go to Unley Village to get some eye wash and supplies for the long weekend and then to Barrow and Bench to find a replacement for the sunflower on my balcony which has been looking on its last legs. There was not a great deal to choose from a few days before Christmas. 

I did find some purple petunias and a very attractive Mandevilla that looked as if it might work on my balcony.

I bought a pot to stand it in. I was worried it would blow over without a heavier pot to anchor it. I think wind is what I will need to watch with this rather attractive plant.The petunias work really well.

I do hope the doves approve!





I worked another two blanket squares this afternoon. Katherine came here after work for Secret Christmas Business. We had a good, productive couple of hours.

I also had a message from the bead shop to say my necklace is fixed! I wasn't expecting that for a couple of weeks.

I managed to do a bit more on the crewel flower tonight. It's not huge progress but every bit helps. Tomorrow I'm taking my granddaughters out to lunch and a bit of an excursion. I should get plenty of time to work on Lady Anne's Flowers over the Christmas weekend.

Lots of good things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment