Search This Blog

Saturday 26 December 2020

Post 302

 

Today's excitement was a fire alarm in our apartment block at about 7.50pm. It got progressively louder. I met my neighbours outside our doors and we went down the stairs, meeting up with the first floor tenants on the way.
The fire brigade was there and all the residents on the street. My immediate neighbour was barefoot in a nightdress and dressing gown - we were all in good humour. After checking, the fire brigade decided it was a fault in the external control box for our fire alarm. They have isolated the faulty part and will replace it tomorrow. 

I had been eating my salad and lamb cutlets and watching Dolly Parton's Christmas in the Square. I grabbed my handbag and keys, hesitated over the briefcase that contains my passport and birth certificate, but left it. Somehow, rescuing my passport didn't seem important at the moment. When I got back Dolly was still dispensing angelic wisdom. 

It was quite nice to meet my neighbours in a brief encounter that ended well.

Last night, after my blog post, I called my friend Christine in Watford. She had to turn down Once in Royal David City on her radio so we could hear each other. We had a good old catch up. When we had finished I scanned a pamphlet I'd promised her, put in my eye cream and got to bed about 12.30am. This morning I followed up on the Shetland Virtual Wool Week 2020 , subscribed to their newsletter and ordered a copy of their 2020 Annual 

I also finished another square while waiting to get through to Christine.

Christine had attended her Zoom church service, and was about to have her lunch and listen to the Queen's message.  I went to bed full of Christmas blessings.

I missed the sunset tonight between the fire alarm and Dolly Parton restoring order to the town. This was the sky at 6.40 pm. Strangely grey, but quite special - a bit reminiscent of Dolly Parton's version of an angel.

I worked on Lady Anne's leaves this morning. Much of the afternoon and evening has been spent playing around with photos for a powerpoint project. 


There's not a lot to show, but I'm pretty happy with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment