Search This Blog

Wednesday 27 January 2021

Post 334 Lady Ann’s garden grows

 

I thought I would take the plunge this morning and attach the Phoenix and Lady Ann's Garden panels to the chair. I pinned them on to the chair and realised that it would be better if the edges of the two panels aligned.   





I sketched in an extension of the pattern, making sure the additions would cover the border line on the linen.

Over the course of the day, with the help of a 3" hoop, I stitched the areas I had sketched in.  It took four moves of the hoop.

I had to make do with the colours I had. At one stage I thought of going to Create in Stitch to get a couple of colours I had used up, but the lift maintenance crew had arrived to replace the rollers, and the lift was out of use, so I gave up that idea.

Unfortunately, I couldn't put the finished piece on the chair without re-blocking.  So at the moment it is once again drying on the blocking board.

The addition is a little sparse but I didn't want to add more than necessary. I'm pretty sure it will now fit the space more comfortably.

I had a catch-up call with my brother and brought the guest beds sheets in from the washing line before the sun went down with splendour. 

I did try to capture the flights of birds returning to roost - but they were too swift for me.

I hadn't counted on spending so much time today on the crewel work, so worked this evening on three more pink crochet circles. I now have 5 finished - half the target.

Pilates tomorrow, but there might be time to stitch the two panels on to the chair. The tooth I am booked to have extracted in 2 weeks' time is beginning to ache a little. I'm hoping it lasts two more weeks. 

Fingers crossed.


No comments:

Post a Comment