Search This Blog

Thursday 28 January 2021

Post 335 Chair and Birds

 

I began the morning reading Catherine Aird's The Late Phoenix, the fourth in her Inspector Sloan series set in the fictional village of Berebury, West Calleshire, England around the end of the 60s or early 70s.                                                                                                                                                                                            This is the first I have read and so far it's promising.                                                                                                                        Eventually I dragged my self away from the book to have a go at adding the Phoenix and Lady Ann's Flowers to my chair before going to Pilates.

The chair is here tipped on its side so I could pin the pieces on.






I got the cover off fairly easily. The tricky bit is manoeuvring the awkwardly shaped cover around under the sewing machine and keeping the panels quite flat. I did need to undo a few centimetres at the end to adjust, but it went as smoothly as I could have hoped.


More surprisingly,  I got it back on the chair without much difficulty.  
The remaining space is for the Aesop Frame.

From the sewing machine, I could see black tips reproaching me for the absence of seed. He flew off, but I hastened out to water the plants, fill the water bowl and put out seed, before rushing off to Pilates.

Martine was ill today. Even well established routines are usually a bit more demanding with a new instructor and it was so today - a good thing.
I went on from Pilates to Unley Village, posted a parcel, got my moisturiser, pasta and meat.

The first floor was being poured on the building site next door - a big job. The floor covers the whole site, so the pourer crane and the cement mixers were going constantly. I didn't find the noise (which emanates from the engines at ground level working the crane and mixer) too bad at the back of the apartment, where I was working. One floor down, seven to go.


The philodendron given to me for Christmas has developed new leaves. Outside, on the Western balcony  a few plants were drooping in the 31C heat and needed water. 

I phoned the periodontist rooms today and asked them to put me on the waiting list for any 50 minute cancellations in 13 days until my appointment. The ache in my tooth is intermittent and bearable but it seems sensible to accelerate the extraction if possible. The receptionist was helpful. 

I am now working on my Nicola blue wren.  So far I've used Madeira silk and Madeira metallic threads, a little Cascade House silk and some DMC Etoile.

There's a way to go. Tomorrow is Sit'n Stitch. Maybe I'll take this along. I want to finish this one before I start Aesop.

2 comments: