Search This Blog

Sunday 24 January 2021

Post 331 Lunch and Lots of Conversations


Today I was mostly living in the moment, fully engaged in conversations and not thinking about photos, so I have borrowed a couple from the website of The Greek on Halifax St, the restaurant within easy walking distance of my apartment where we had a family lunch today - all 9 of us. I had intended to ask the wait staff to take a photo of us, but again forgot. 

It was 41C in Adelaide today and at 10pm tonight, when I began writing this blog post, it was still 32C. Katherine and Anthony parked in my second car space under the building and we walked to the restaurant - Mad dogs and Englishmen all.


The Greek is distinctive in Adelaide's inner square mile, being built into an old disinfector factory with a distinctive brick chimney. This photo is from Good Food Thyme. Today, obviously there was no-one sitting outside. There were only 3 occupied tables, about 19 people in all.

The menu features fair bit of seafood as well as lamb. I've eaten here many times but have not tried the Metaxa plate, which is what I had today. It was really delicious and generous servings. I finished, of course, with Affogato (no liqueur) and two pieces of Turkish delight.

I think everyone enjoyed themselves and there was a lot of conversation going on. The restaurant service is very thoughtful and considerate and the food great.

One of the  many things I like about The Greek is their display of Greek artefacts I especially like the crocheted pieces displayed in hoops, sometimes with something coloured behind. This photo is also from The Greek's website.


We went back to Katherine and Anthony's place afterwards, where I kept my promise to shorten Veronica's school uniforms before she goes to school this Wednesday.  I unpicked the hem, cut off excess then pinned it, turned it under and stitched it down by hands.

It took me about two hours to do two. It looks quite tiny  here with nothing with which to compare. It isn't.                                                                            Veronica is pleased with the result. I had a conversation with her about what we should do with the off-cuts. She thought the only use was in headbands. There is, I think, a school rock band.....
We came home around 5.30 pm and talked about lots of things until having a scratch meal around 8. While it's much cooler inside than out, the aircon has only got it down to about 28C. The overnight minimum is 27C, and we don't get that until about 6 in the morning.  


It's been a really lovely day. I've enjoyed every minute, in spite of the heat, which I loathe. 

The only stitching I did was just over half a crocheted square. Not worth photographing.

Jennifer, on the other hand has sent this photo of her progress on Sophie's Universe.  How lovely is that?
Time to try to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment