Search This Blog

Friday 29 January 2021

Post 336

 

Today I'm starting with the end of the day, rather than the beginning. This is my progress on the latest Nicola bird. I have seed stitch to complete in all sections of the bird and a black bead to add to the eye. 

I will then applique the bird to a linen bag which I have yet to make. I will embroider the legs and feet directly on the the bag once the bird is on it. They are two narrow to applique cleanly. I have based the colours on the colours of the Australian Blue Wren.


A fair bit of the bird was embroidered at our Sit'nStitch session this afternoon. Susan blocked one of her Anna Scott panels and Jennifer worked some of the second of the samplers we bought a year ago from Jenny McWinney. One is finished - and about to be made into a bag. She also began another round of Sophie's Universe, I should have taken photos, but was too focused in the moment of our discussions.

The building next door was much quieter today. I still don't know whether I will have a 9 storey wall against my apartment wall. This was taken from my balcony - the bluey-grey in the lower right corner is my balcony rail. The wall of the new building abuts the wall of our building (lower left hand).  All will soon become clear as the building continues.

I did a bit of an inspection of the progress made by the succulent slips I had put in, many from Margaret Adams and some from my own plants. These are all new growth. I will need to watch that emerging red flower - the Noisy Miner removed the last one before it got to open.

There's an awful lot of joy in seeing cuttings turn into new plants.









I should probably trim the petunia plant back a bit, but I am holding back while it is producing flowers like this, especially in the evening when it has such depth.

The Mandevillia has continued to flower and develop leaves. It has produced a white flower amongst all the pink ones. Pretty interesting.


I have a couple of empty pots now on the front balcony. I'm might look for replacement plants next week. The section I cut from the large Yukka last week is looking very healthy
For those living outside South Australia, who are interested, the Cherry Hills fire is contained but still being attended by crews from around Adelaide to put out flare-ups. The roads around the fire area remain closed. 


An interesting sunset tonight. 

I hope the kids have all had a good start to their new school year. I hope to hear about it tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment