Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 February 2021

Post 341 Extraction and distraction


I had to be at the periodontist by 9 this morning - four blocks away.  After about 8 injections , Andre did a deep root surface debridement on the right side of my mouth and then extracted the upper back molar. The whole process took 40 minutes. Readers will be pleased that I didn't think to ask him to let me take a photo of the extracted tooth. 

I left with a gauze plug in the gap, and a set of instructions - the first of which was to bite on the gauze for an hour. 

I was home again at 10am settled into my favourite chair with a book - Skeleton Dance, an Aaron Elkins treat to distract me from the gauze and the anaesthetic wearing off. My instructions were not to eat or drink until it had worn off. The coffee I made when it did, around 12, was wonderful.
From 7am this morning, the builders were busy erecting a scaffold for the next storey of the building next door.  It became immediately clear why there is a courtyard at the back of the building - without it, the builders would have no space to erect the scaffolds they need to erect the back wall of the building, which presumably will have windows and /or balconies.











There is a similar arrangement at the front, which will also, it seems, project about a metre beyond my balcony wall.


The scaffolding at the back brought the builders very close to my balcony as they erected their safety fencing. After my coffee I took the opportunity to water my plants and say hello . They were looking forward to 3.30 - when they knock off!

By 3.00 the coffee and paracetamol had done their work sufficiently for me to drive to Unley to pick up the top I had ordered, and replenish my supply of black Russian tomatoes.


My other visitors arrived after 4, when the building site was quiet, reclaiming the territory  and cleaning up the seed. 

I managed to eat a cutlet with salad without disturbing the extraction site. Tomorrow I begin salt water washes. 

This evening I managed a little more on the Western Spinebill. A long way to go, but it's taking shape. I'm happier with it tonight.
 



It's been a long day.  I think I'll sleep well with the help of a couple of paracetamol tablets.





No comments:

Post a Comment