Search This Blog

Monday 16 March 2020

Day 20: East Molesey

Breakfast this morning was very quiet. I saw four people other than myself.

The sun shone over the river to the South










It was more shadowy to the East.













I settled myself in a sunny corner of the hotel to stitch leaves for a bit.







Once the day had warmed up a little I went for a walk to the East Molesey shops

There was a bit of traffic about and plenty of people going about their business.


You would not suspect on the street that there is a pandemic.


I practiced social distancing, but made the most of being able to walk around.









I reckon the same longboat is moored just by the bridge.














The antique and vintage shops are still there. Not many doilies this time, and the ones that were there were crocheted.


I had a bit of a mooch around in them, but I didn't go into the quilt shop. More fabric in my suitcase I do not need.



One of the jewellery shops had won the decorated shop window of the year award.

















The decorations, were, of course,  plastic.










There is, however, at least one well-kept garden along the strip, that is going to look fabulous in a few weeks time.












There are always the chimneys




and the hotel looking splendid.








I spent much of the afternoon on the terrace of the hotel stitching. I had a poncho on, but the sun was out and there wasn't much wind.

I rang my cousin Susan for a long chat.



I had duck again for dinner - mountains of it with potatoes. Not as good as last night's salad. The river view was much the same. I think the swans have flown off to Stratford! Still only two other couples in the dining room.

I'm working on the Muncaster Orange while watching Dalziel and Pascoe. Doubt I will finish it (the Orange) tomorrow - but you never know. Might have to finish it while self-isolating.




No comments:

Post a Comment