Search This Blog

Monday 18 May 2020

Post 82 Sunrise, sunset

It was a calm and chilly morning in Adelaide but warmer by the afternoon. I spent much of the day listening for a buzz to give access to postal or courier deliveries, since I had several notices from Australia Post to say deliveries were likely today, tomorrow or Wednesday, and my  delivery of 48 rolls of toilet paper from Who Gives a Crap was somewhere in Adelaide.

One book arrived in my letterbox and in mid-afternoon a confused courier rang to say he was nearby. I met him at the street entrance and managed to stash my year's supply of toilet paper and hand towel in my storage space near my car park space. 



This is the quilt that my friend Christine from Watford has been working on in between other projects. I think it is really lovely.

It was given to her in pieces by a friend whose husband died some time ago. The friend had always wanted a quilt and her husband had been helping her by cutting out the papers. When he died his wife could not bear to work on it nor to use it if completed, but asked Christine to finish it and find it a good home. She gave Christine several carrier bags of fabric left over from sewing projects in the 70s and 80s and partially constructed blocks. None of the blocks were sewn together and there were lots of single hexies.

Christine is committed to finishing it .

It is a thing of beauty.



I spent a good deal of time proof reading and minor bits of research.

I also had calls from both Jennifer and Susan. Jennifer is having physio to regain her strength and feels she is progressing. She hopes to be able to take the lung capacity flight test late this week. Until she has that clearance she is unable to organise a flight to Adelaide. She is, however, hopeful of being able to further recover at home in Adelaide within a couple of weeks.

Susan's recent Covid19 test was negative and she now feels confident she is not a carrier.

There were once again a couple of golden hours this afternoon when I sat on the balcony and read my book before settling into hexies and evening television. I have now tacked what I think is sufficient to cover the edges of my quilt and have commenced stitching them into 'flowers'. I think I have about 40 to make, but haven't counted what I have.



The day finished much as it began - with a quite soothing, peaceful sunset.

The forecast is for wind and rain late tomorrow. I think 2 more parcels will arrive tomorrow, so I need to pay attention to the buzzer. It's also a week since I order 2 dozen bottles of wine from Chain of Ponds, and I haven't had any delivery information, so I had better chase them tomorrow.

In between hexies and a bit of writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment