Search This Blog

Friday 22 May 2020

Post 86

Today was a visually boring day. I spent most of it buried in books and articles to get my head around the story I am researching and drafting for my brother. I don't have much to show for it, but I nearly know roughly where the story is going. I have written some background notes. When I do start to write the story, I think it will flow fairly smoothly.


It was a dull, cool and wet day.  It didn't deter either dove this morning. They were both there as soon as the grain went out and back again at least twice. He, in fact, didn't move from the rail when I opened the door and took a step outside.






I made a big pot of soup while reading and writing. I had made the stock yesterday with two smoked ham hocks and let the fat settle overnight so I could skim it this morning before adding the root vegetables to boil for a couple of hours and then the pulses.





By the end of the day there was a lull in the weather as the sun went down and I took a break to take photos.











By 7 pm my brain and eyes were protesting, so I had my soup and switched to hexies.













I managed half a dozen, bringing my tally of constructed 'flowers' to 48.  I think I have about 15 more ready to be stitched.








Just out of interest, for anyone who has tried unsuccessfully to post a comment on one of these blog posts, I did a bit of investigating. It seems to me that you need to be using Chrome as your browser to be able to post a comment. As blogger is a Google product, it looks as if they
have only tested on their own browser.

My cleaner will be here at 8.30 in the morning and I have some tidying up to do. There are books, paper, hoops and bits of embroidery from one end of the apartment to the other,  so I'll need to be up more promptly than has been my habit this week.

Better get to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment