Search This Blog

Tuesday 19 May 2020

Post 83 Deliveries & Research

I've been watching this succulent on my balcony get ready to flower. The stem has expanded and developed a cluster of tiny buds. It won't be long before these are yellow flowers. What I noticed today is that the leaves at the base of the stem are turning yellow and falling. It seems the flower is taking all the energy.

It is only because I am spending so much time at home that I notice such things.


I had notification that two parcels were being delivered in today's post, one needing a signature, so I settled to do some reading where I would be sure to hear the buzzer. When the call came and I let the deliverer in, it turned out to be the two cartons of wine I mentioned yesterday.


I'm very pleased to have them, but I do wish the winery would send me tracking information. I managed to reorganise cupboards to fit in 2 dozen bottles.  That's me stocked up for the next few months.

The parcels arrived not long after with the post woman and my neighbour brought them up for me.

One was a book and the other was the fabric I had ordered from Ink and Spindle.  It was as good as I had hoped.

This is the fabric I ordered after finishing the bag with the Anna Scott songbird. I liked the bag enough to think of doing another one.











This time I thought I might embroider a couple of Nicola Jarvis birds and applique them on. Last year I bought several of Nicola's birds at the market evening of the Crewel Work Company Retreat. I had planned to use them on clothing, but I think they'd go well on a bag.

What do you think?

I also ordered some of their plain Oatmeal linen. It comes in three weights and I ordered the lightest, which is Belgian linen. It was out of stock, so they suggested the medium, which I accepted. I'm glad I did. It's lovely - and a great weight for embroidery.  It is eco-linen

I don't have a specific plan for this - but I have a range of narrative embroidery projects milling around in my brain.










The third  part of this order was a bundle of offcuts. These are of various sizes, relatively small - good for lining projects or making small bags.

I'm itching to get started on the bag - but not before I'm closer to finishing the hexies.





These are the books that arrived yesterday and today. They are for some of the research and writing I'm doing for my brother, relating to the colonial history of Western Australia, about which I know next to nothing. It is quite a different story to that of colonial NSW.

I'm finding it very interesting, if a bit hard on my eyes. I find back-lit tablets are much kinder than sustained reading on printed paper.




I've been resting my eyes on hexies, while watching Rosemary and Thyme and Inspector Morse.  Another 9 completed. I think that only leaves about 30 more to go!

It's now raining and that's forecast to continue for several days. Might get those 30 done in between reading and writing.



No comments:

Post a Comment