Search This Blog

Saturday 23 May 2020

Post 87

I'm not sure where I got this succulent. I'm pretty sure it was at a fete or market stall. I moved it to a pot on my Western balcony a few weeks ago and I love the way it has turned into a little tree. I hope it continues to grow in such an upright form.

I always think of Jennifer on my front balcony. So many of the plants there came from her. She called this morning. The plan is for her to fly home on Wednesday - directly to Adelaide from Perth- and self-isolate at home. She will need to keep up her physio exercises at home, where she does not have the same walking spaces as in her current hospital, but she will, I have no doubt, find space for a circuit. Her leg muscles need to recover.

She has a job for me. She finished knitting her shawl and needs it blocked. Can't wait!


Turtle Dove had to wait this morning until my cleaner had finished around 10.30. The balcony gets mopped, and there was no point in putting out seed before that had been done. When I finally emerged, Turtle flew down and waited for me to open the container. I have never stood out on the balcony at the same time as a dove.  This photo shows my foot - about 1.5 metres from the bird. The Covid distancing message has reached the dove network.









While distributing seed I checked out the pending yellow flower on one of the succulents. I returned when the dove had gone to photograph the lovely pattern on the slowly maturing buds.  They are tiny - maybe 1cm in length.








Before settling down to writing I made a selection of threads for my Nicola Jarvis bird. It's a first basic selection. I can add to it as need dictates.

What do you think?




I've got writing and hexies to do before I get to it, but it doesn't hurt to get organised.

I spent probably 6 hours writing today. It is preliminary, and will need quite a bit of reorganising. Frustratingly, my laptop is only holding battery power for about 3 hours. The laptop's battery check tells me this is normal but it's not. I might have to think about a new battery - or a new laptop. It's frustrating when working on a writing project and I don't want to sit near a powerpoint. Still, breaks every three hours are probably a good idea!

It also gives me a chance to stitch.  The hexies are also slowly progressing. This is today's effort.

I only have 7 more ready to sew together.  This will give me 60. I need to check again, but I think I need 75 to finish covering the edges.  I might, however, applique this 60 to the quilt before cutting more fabric into 2" squares. I'm looking forward to seeing the impact on the quilt, even if it still has gaps.

And the Nicola Jarvis Adelaide Crimson Rosella is calling.


No comments:

Post a Comment