Search This Blog

Monday 15 June 2020

Post 110 : shopping, cooking

It's a short post tonight. Plenty happened but it was an old routine, and I didn't take many photos.  



It was Myrtle in the vanguard of today's visit. I got some seed out before I saw a dove. Myrtle arrived and hovered on the rail for a bit before hopping down to eat. Turtle soon followed.

They are always alert, ready to leave if necessary.

When they leave there are some small pieces of gravel left behind. It certainly isn't in the seed, or transmitted by me. I can only, at the moment, speculate that the doves carry it in their claws and it drops out.







The doves keep presenting me with problems to solve!

The girls were coming after school this afternoon and Fionn after his football practice. I wanted to buy a cooked duck for a stir-fry,  get some noodles, a pizza slice as well as more fruit for my breakfast. I usually buy the duck in Chinatown, near the Central Market and wanted to get the pizza slice at Frewville. I had a feeling Frewville sometimes has cooked ducks too. I went there first. I do like that supermarket. They had fresh pizza slices and, yes, the duck. Unfortunately, the local grape season has finished. I've been really enjoying grapes, strawberries and watermelon on my meusli. It will need to be watermelon, passionfruit and strawberries for a while. The supermarket would usually have Californian grapes now, but are currently only buying locally.

Back at home I removed the flesh from the duck and cut up the vegetables for my stir-fry - spring onions, celery, carrot, broccolini, capsicum and red cabbage. Also some twiggy sticks and bacon pieces. It's interesting to hear about the girls' days as they snack on squares of pizza slice.

The stir-fry was a success.

I also offered to take the girls to netball training tomorrow after school. Brigid has football training immediately after school, then has to get across town to netball as its getting dark- partly by bus, then a walk. Easier to walk here. I had been going down to Victor Harbor to stay with friends for a few days. I'll now go down on Wednesday morning.

As I predicted, I didn't get a lot of stitching done today. I managed one band. I might be able to use some of my unexpected time tomorrow to catch up.



I could then take another Nicola Jarvis bird, or my owl, to Victor Harbor to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment