Search This Blog

Saturday 20 June 2020

Post 115

This morning, around 10.30, I heard the distinctive sharp call of the Adelaide Crimson Rosella. Sure enough, there was a pair in the tree opposite my balcony. I had my SLR to hand, but with the wrong lens. This time I decided to risk them leaving, located the lens and took several shots.














These are the results.  I'm fairly pleased.







While I had the chance, I took a couple of macro shots of the aloe flower.







It's not the best photo I've taken, but it is an improvement.  I like the depth of layers and dimension.


I pressed the scarf and sewed up the open edge.

I was going to Katherine's tonight for dinner. Two of the girls were at friends' places so there was room at the table for me to socially distance.








Niamh kindly agreed to model the scarf for me - she has the colouring for it!




Before starting a new project I did a bit more on the owl after getting a bit of colour advice from Niamh and Katherine.













It may look pink in the photos, but the background seed stitches are pale mauve, Niamh's suggestion, and Katherine's thread, since I had run out of that colour.

It is raining steadily. Tomorrow morning I have a Book Club meeting at 10.00am in a Norwood coffee shop - the Crime Book Club I joined last month. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment