Search This Blog

Tuesday 16 June 2020

Post 111 : Pottering around out of the rain

A quiet day, grey and wet. So grey and gloomy I didn’t even try to take photos. I spent time clearing emails, reading and knitting, changing the bed, washing the bed linen and drying it in the dryer - an unusual step for me, .

I also gathered some threads for the next two Nicola Jarvis birds. I will probably tackle the parrot finch first.













Some of the same threads will serve for the Gouldian Finch


I’ve gone for mostly silk and a little metallic. I can add as I go along but it gives me a base to work from.

I am not starting these until I finish the scarf. Just getting ready.

The doves came in the rain and cleaned up the seed.




The girls came after school, managing to dodge the rain and filling me in on the developments in yesterday’s school mystery. The weather gods that cooperated in keeping them dry in their walks to my apartment changed their disposition as I drove them to the netball courts. It was wet and miserable but only mildly dampened the girls' enthusiasm. They are so pleased to be back on a netball court, even if only for practice at the moment. 


Yesterday, after removing the flesh from the duck for the stir fry, I used the bones to make a stock. Tonight I turned it into soup with what I had on hand - spring onions, coriander, ginger and a handful of noodles. 







I knitted another band and a half on the scarf today (whole green and half a blue band). When I finish this band it will have seven patterns and measure 49 inches. It is meant to reach eight bands and 51 inches. This means it begins with a faun band (Quince, in pattern terminology) and ends with a blue (Eau de nil). As usual, my length tension is loose. I'm thinking of making it seven and one third patterns so it also ends with the Quince. I think it might look pleasing to have both ends the same colour. 

Tomorrow I am heading to Victor Harbor for a couple of days with friends. I have packing to do before I get away in the morning. Fortunately the forecast is for a sunny day, much better driving weather than today.

Hopefully the trip will provide something visually interesting beyond my knitting and thread choices! 

No comments:

Post a Comment