Search This Blog

Monday 29 June 2020

Post 124: Mostly dinner

Today's post is short. Although I had a fairly busy day, I didn't think to take photos.


Just as I finished my breakfast I caught the Noisy Miner out of the corner of my eye - back to sample the Aeonium flower. I managed to take a photo, but it was through the fly wire screen, so pretty terrible. It's a shame, because it was a clear view of the bird.

I didn't see the doves at all today, but then, I was busy shopping or in the kitchen.

The kids were coming here after school. Although I had bought the main ingredients for dinner yesterday, I had bread to get and some sort of savoury snack for after school. Frewville is the place for these and, inevitably I bought a number of other things.

I made eggplant parmigiana, potato and bacon and roasted chicken Marylands.

I had intended to take a photo, but forgot. It worked quite well.


In the evening I concentrated on the Muncaster Orange. I was falling asleep by the end so there is a bit of tidying to do tomorrow, as well as the centre.  I think this week I should be able to work consistently on this. It's lovely to work on.

South Australia had three cases of Corona Virus identified today after 28 days of no cases. The three are a family in hotel quarantine after returning to Adelaide from India - so not community transmission. Victoria is having a hard time with localised outbreaks and massive hotspot testing regime. They had 75 cases identified today.  They are doing a great job of testing and isolating. Mobile testing vans are parking at the ends of streets in hotspot suburbs and 800 testers are going door to door to ask people to take a test.  They are running short of contact tracers and South Australia has sent a team to help.  Here's hoping they
get on top of it. They should - it's a very concerted team effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment