Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 June 2020

Post 125: It's all about the photos...

Yesterday I was preoccupied with preparing for a family meal, and largely forgot to take photos. Today I spent much of the day taking photos, not as part of a plan, but by opportunity - going with the flow.
It began with the arrival of the Noisy Myna. (Yes, I'm changing my spelling. This variant seems more suggestive of a bird than the more recently anglicised version).  The aeonium is clearly the attraction.










I had moved the fly screen so I could take photos through the glass from where I was sitting. I took a couple of quick photos with my phone, but managed to take up my SLR and take some decent photos through the glass.



rotation







It is interesting that the favourite position for accessing the nectar is upside down!




I rotated this photo to better show the markings on the head and wings.








The side of the aeonium facing the wall is now flat. I'm not clear if this is due to the Noisy Myna or from being away from the sun and weather. It is, however, flatter than it was when I first photographed it.

initial photo with phone.





I received information from Beating Around the Bush, that this year's convention has been cancelled. It is planned to run it at the same time next year, with many of the same tutors. This is in addition to the 2022 BATB which is also being prepared, and for which many of the tutors have signed on. Organisers are 2020 refunding deposits and taking new bookings when the 2021 program is releasing.  It is a good outcome - better than I had hoped for. It's a big thing to reorganise.



This is the photo I took with my phone.

There were a lot of bird noise and movement this morning and the clouds were spectacular and swift moving.

There was, however, no sign of the doves all day. This is the second day in a row.

I spent quite a bit of time paying accounts and organising subscriptions and purchases before the end of the financial year. I also ordered some reusable face masks. I've been checking them out over the last few days. I may never use them - but I feel prepared in case I find myself in crowded situations in the next few months. I now have reusable and disposable if needed.


I am reading Death in Transit, the fifth book in the Inspector Torquay McKinnon series by Keith Moray, set on West Uist. It was pleasant and warm reading on the front balcony this afternoon. I love the way the sun shines through the leaves - and can't resist trying to photograph it.



















My embroidery has been focused on the Muncaster Orange. It is not only enjoyable stitching, but progress really shows.















It was pleasant embroidering as the sun set over the city - but inside this time.

The rain is set to return tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment