Search This Blog

Wednesday 1 July 2020

Post 126 : If you've got friends and neighbours....

I had a good look at the Aeolium flower this morning. It still has some unopened buds but some of the early flowers are drooping a little. There was no sign today of either the Noisy Myna nor the doves.

This is the third day with no appearance of the doves. Maybe they have gone on winter break, or a bender, or perhaps they are just busy. My check on their habits indicates that they make nests and lay eggs all year round. So maybe they are sitting on eggs.










I spent four hours today visiting a neighbour down the road and helping her set up ScannerPro on her phone so she can scan all her photo albums and share with her family. It was a pleasant, sharing time.

It reminded me, however, that I intended, when I moved in, to scan my many photo albums and create photo books from them. It's time I got on with this.




It took me a while when I returned home to put together the Wednesday email to the World Embroidery Study Guild. Mary Jose, of Fabric of Life , who is a member of the group, had sent me a number of links to online textile events, which formed the basis of today's post. Balancing the amount of information in the emails is a challenge.
Readers may be interested in browsing some of the online offerings in the Selvedge Magazine Virtual Fair.
https://www.selvedge.org/collections/world-fair


Also this afternoon Margaret Adams emailed me a photo of a Fair Isle beanie she has just knitted. I think it's lovely - and encourages me to use the wool left over from my scarf to make something similar.

Margaret has an Aeolium similar to mine which is also blooming. She has anemone and iris flowering at the moment, well out of season. Times are still, it seems, out of joint.



Last night I had an email from Genevieve who is reading a French translation of  Le Carre's Agent Running in the Field. I haven't read it yet but will add it to my long list of books I want to read. She is also doing Jessica Grimm's online Imperial Goldwork Course. All the lessons look fabulous, and Jessica is a remarkably talented teacher. It's tempting - but I have more than enough on my plate at this moment!

I really love having like-minded friends in so many places and being able to share our knowledge. It is such a privilege.

My copy of Inspirations was in my letterbox today. I haven't had time to do more than flick through. Two projects immediately grabbed my attention, a Renette Kumm thread painting of succulents (serendipity?) and the Maria Rita Falieri Catherine de Medici project which is featured on the cover. I still have a project I'd like to do from the last issue - but this issue looks as if it might also have things I want to do.







Two more leaves tonight on the Muncaster Orange. It's not fast, but it is enjoyable and forgiving - I don't really like the cream on the  middle leaf. I didn't like it on the original one I did either, but I will, once again, live with it, at least until I see the finished piece.

I'm on a roll now. I have a dental appointment tomorrow, but hopefully I can make some progress on some more leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment