Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 June 2020

Post 98 Huckaback and more birds

Today’s tasks were more proof-reading, sending out a message to the World Embroidery Study Group and picking up Jennifer’s shawl to be blocked. 
The link today for the World Embroidery Study Group was on huck embroidery.
I've done a bit of this in my time and still enjoy doing it. The first piece of embroidery I did at school, in Grade 3 and aged 8, was a huckaback hand-towel, which I still have. It's a bit the worst for wear.


I made a single bedspread on monks cloth 

But my favourite is probably the panel for a bag, 


The doves were back together today. I broadcast the seed after they arrived. He stayed but she took fright, coming back when I’d gone.










They came right up to the door again and polished off most of the seed.









I picked up Jennifer’s shawl and set about blocking it. The stripes are on the towel underneath. It’s a beautiful shawl.  I have tightened it up a bit before finalising this post.

On the way home from picking up the shawl I noticed the Yiros Hut on Hutt St was open so popped in and bought a Yiros to take home.Lamb of course.  I was the only one in the shop. I’m not sure when they opened again, but I suspect only this week. It was a good Yiros and I’m glad the shop is open again.



I am working slowly on the next Nicola Jarvis bird. I think I can see how it will come together.

I should be able to progress it tomorrow in between a bit more proof-reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment