Search This Blog

Thursday 4 June 2020

Post 99 : Some colour

h



















The yellow succulent buds are opening into lovely little daisy-like flowers. They seem to have different numbers of petals.

The flowers are about 2cm across. I took these two this morning.

My new SLR  battery arrived this afternoon and I managed to get it sufficiently charged in time to have a quick play based on this cluster of flowers.

They are not well focused, but interesting. I was a bit late to capture the Rosella briefly on the tree at the back of my balcony.

I tightened the pins on Jennifer's crocheted shawl twice and removed the pins when it was dry about 24 hours after I blocked it.


It really is a lovely colour and shows up best with light behind it.








I dropped it back to Jennifer. I may need blocking again if it contracts too much. Jennifer is pleased, which is great. Jennifer is doing well - but gets extremely tired. That, doctors tell her, is likely to last for months.

We discussed the need to keep track of what happens to those who've had the virus. There are so many stories that need to be captured in this time.



It was another interesting sunset - quite dramatic cloud formations.












I managed to do more proof-reading, but spent time late this afternoon working on the White Eye. It's beginning to come together. I'm using DMC stranded cotton for the greens and greys but some variegated Gloriana silk for the peach colour, some Leaderette synthetic silk for the beak.A number of these have been gifts.

I wonder if the flowers on the succulent will be more open tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment