Search This Blog

Monday 1 June 2020

Posy 96 Dinner’s back on first day of Winter

The magpie shrike was back this morning, along with one dove. I didn't see any aggression between them
but they flew off making a lot of noise.

I saw my podiatrist this morning - the appointment that had been postponed about a month ago, because of the lockdown.  After the appointment I went to Frewville Foodland. It was lovely to go again. It really is the most wonderful place to shop. I got a pizza slice and buns for the kids this afternoon, a calzone for my lunch tomorrow, watermelon, grapes and some more Bravo apples. Yay!

Back at home I put the pasta sauce and the pasta into a dish ready to bake. I also rang Jordan Plumbing and arranged for a plumber to come tomorrow morning to clear the drain on my back balcony, which is not clearing properly since the rain started on the weekend.

It was great to have the kids here after school and for dinner. They were full of stories, considered opinions and questions. What I realised as I prepared the meal, was that there parents could have eaten as well, as long as we didn't all try to eat at once. Next time.

I managed to finish the beak and eye of the bird, and tweek a few bits. I do like it.


The scary bit was cutting it out.

I cut my piece of bottlebrush linen in half. It will give me two bags if I use plain linen for the side panels.










It took a bit of testing to see exactly where to place it on the fabric. I then pinned it on and stitched around it, tucking the raw edge under. The legs and feet are the challenge













I managed to get all but one leg done. The legs, of course, are the hard part because there is nowhere to hide the turn-under.


I was hoping to finish it tonight but  I am too tired to do the second tricky leg.

I will do it tomorrow. I have to be up to let the plumber in at 8.30 am anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment