Search This Blog

Thursday 16 July 2020

Post 141 Repairs

I thought I should look in on the Western balcony spider. The old web in the pot plant has deteriorated. It seems the spider has moved on to the balcony rail. Perhaps she likes the view over the square.
















Meanwhile, on the Eastern balcony Turtle made himself at home with the seed. He was jointed by Myrtle for a few minutes, until they both took flight. Myrtle was back a couple of times- and both times chased away by the Noisy Miner. I, however, asserted my domination of the territory by hanging out the washing. The Noisy Miner had to concede the territory to me.

Eventually, I plucked up courage to ring the crash repairer whose name was given to me yesterday at CMI Toyota. I was pleasantly surprised by the open and friendly response, so drove there straight away. The managed took many photos and insisted that, even 5 months after the accident, and not having reported it to the police at the time, I should contact the insurance company. He is convinced they will accept a claim - and this is why I pay insurance. The bill is likely to be around $3000, although the quote is not completed, and they will need the car for at least 5 days. I am nervous of contacting my insurer, but have worked out the dates and tomorrow will take the plunge and ring.

From the crash repairer I dropped some wool off at my daughter's place and called at Officeworks to buy another box of face masks. I haven't used any of the box I bought a week or so ago, but it has occurred to me that it would be useful to have a box in the car, in case South Australia has a further outbreak and I find myself in situations where distancing is difficult.

I managed to read about half of the Agatha Christie book that arrived yesterday. I'm enjoying it, especially with the introduction by the 80 year-old  illustrator, Tom Adams, who illustrated the covers of her paperbacks from the 1950s onwards.  I mostly read, from preferenee, on a Kindle or Kobo, but this slim volume is really lovely to hold and the cover is beautiful.


I spoke to Jennifer late this afternoon. She is still in the RAH and will return home tomorrow morning for what the doctor describes as  'home hospital'. She still has fluid on her lungs, but it is reducing. It seems all her doctors are agreed her heart is not ready for an operation and she has an appointment to see the  physician and surgeon at Calvary next week. She was in good spirits and happy with the position reached by her medical team. She is on a mission to see better press coverage of the ongoing impact of the virus on those who have had it. I have a couple of stories from friends of doctors assuring non-Covid patients this is 'just a flu' - inexcusable ignorance.

I made soup today, from chicken bones, vegetables and barley.  It made a good dinner tonight.











I've made some progress on the shawl, finishing the next band of  the main colour.  From this point on the balance shifts to the dark colour and lace bands. I have completed just under two thirds of the rows - but of course, the rows are getting longer, so I am probably more like half way through. It is, however, taking shape.





No comments:

Post a Comment