Search This Blog

Sunday 12 July 2020

Post 137 : from an acorn...

Another bright, chilly morning.

I worked my way through numerous emails - especially those ones I had set aside to read or deal with at some time in the future.  They included decisions about concerts that won't happen - refund, carry-over or donate.  A new normal.

Others were emails that needed a thoughtful, considered response.

I enjoy doing this. It was a treat to take the time to do it.



The goal I had for the day was to finish the Acorns. This too was an enjoyable task.

I have come to love both the acorns and the leaves - the stitches, colours and shapes.













The blocked Jacobean Sampler was dry, so I could remove it from the blocking board and block the acorns.

Before I did, I tried the two on the chair and have worked out just how to add them to the cushion.I had thought I might have to create at least one filler to cover gaps, but I now think I can cover the spaces with the two linens.

Tomorrow I have to take my car to be serviced and the Acorns are unlikely to be fully dry. Looks like Tuesday is the day.



I decided to embroider Oak Apple Tree next.(while I'm on a acorn binge). I didn't know what an Oak Apple Tree is, so looked it up. What I had assumed was an apple like any other is in fact a gall created by wasps. Oak apples are inedible for humans although they are used in  medicine in a number of cultures.



I haven't as yet chosen the threads for it

I think it's a lovely design so I hope I  can do it justice.

This evening I worked on my shawl. I've neglected it of late.  I have about another 10 rows to finish this stripe. Shawls have so many shapes, it is really interesting to see the different methods of achieving them work out as you knit.


I phoned my friend Pat in Sydney this evening and had a lovely long discussion about how to fix the world. Conversations with friends are , I'm sure, good for the soul.


It was Susan's birthday today. I do hope she had a good day. I know Jennifer was baking a cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment