Search This Blog

Saturday 18 July 2020

Post 143: Slow, but progress


Low key managing-in-Covid19 routine today.  My cleaner came. I hung out the washed sheets and stayed out of his way, went shopping at North Adelaide Village for greengrocery and a little grocery, did some knitting, updated passwords that had been compromised, read a little and went to Katherine's place for physically-distanced dinner.


I bought a pot of tulips at North Adelaide. One is about to come into bloom. I've put the pot outside for the moment. I may need to bring it inside if it gets too cold, or if the Noisy Myna takes a shine to it.




Turtle was disappointed this morning as I don't put out seed on cleaning days. The tiles, however, are very clean.


There is another succulent getting ready to flower. A tall stalk has developed with tear-shaped buds. Until now the main interest has been the serrated leaves. It will be interesting to see what colour the flowers are. I'm guessing pink.






Jennifer went home this afternoon. She is resting and taking diuretics to manage the fluid on her lungs. She sees her physician and surgeon next week regarding her tracheal stenosis. She's busy organising a dog walker, since she can't walk the dog herself.





I made some progress on the shawl. I've reached the section where the light stripes narrow substantially. The dark stripes stay the same. The dark stripes require more concentration. I am half-way through a dark stripe and there are two more after this one.


You can, however, begin to see what it will look like. A couple more days.






No comments:

Post a Comment